Complacent P

You would think I'd have something better to do my time. I don't.

Friday, September 24, 2004

calgon take me away...

I've begun researching places and countries to possibly visit for my big 3-0 trip. Awhile back I decided that when I turned 30, I'd take a big personal trip. When I say big, I do not mean big in length or expense. I mean an adventurous trip, an educational trip, a challenging trip.

Inspiration has took hold of me because of my world travelling friends Bill and Micah. I believe in this leg of their tour they are probably headed down the Amazon River catching piranha while learning about a plant or two. So, because of them I'm considering taking an adventure tour as an option for my planned excursion.

Now, the field has been narrowed toward Asia. Nepal? Sarawak? Uzbekztan? Cambodia? I'm just not sure.


What is this? A pre-midlife crisis? No. This is just me sick and tired of sitting on my ass at work. I'm only 29 but I'm done with seeing the walls of a cubicle all day. I shouldn't really complain because of one of the few people who actually likes the people she works with and likes what she does. BUT, we are put on this earth to see what the world has to offer. I'm here to work to live and not live to work. I've never been that person.

When I graduated from college, I promised myself that every year from then I'd travel somewhere new. So far so good. I look forward to wherever the next plane takes me.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I couldn't agree more. Life isn't about spending 8 hours a day in a cubicle. I hear Pacoima is beautiful this time of year...I'd put that at the top of my list. (All kidding aside, I'm aiming for New Zealand next)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home