Complacent P

You would think I'd have something better to do my time. I don't.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Baby White's Baby Shower.

I know I've been a downer on the whole baby shower thing in the past but since I actually threw a baby shower this weekend for one of my best friends, I have decidedly changed my tune. There are a few differences that have actually made this one fun. Maybe, if anyone is out there planning a shower or planning to attend one, this to do list may help .

1) Fun People. There were fun people at this one. It actually helps if you have more than one friend at a baby shower. And since all the guests at this one were all my friends, it made it way way better.

2) More than just baby talk. Thank goodness conversation topics were more than just "my lil susie is eating solids now". Although the subjects of our collective conversations were more on the unsavory side (i.e. married black men with gay lovers but aren't gay themselves [based on an oprah show], fecal spray, cantaloupe sized testicles), I found myself more involved and interested.

3) No ingestion of baby foods. If you've been subjected to the game where you have to taste test baby food and determine the flavor, I think you know where I'm coming from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home