Complacent P

You would think I'd have something better to do my time. I don't.

Thursday, May 26, 2005

I thought Geoduck (GOO-ee-duck)

On the island of Koh Tao in Thailand I thought I saw a real live geoduck. After double checking online I was sadly mistaken. They must have been rather large sea cucumbers. And the geoduck apparently is only native to the Pacific Northwest of North America.



What is a geoduck you ask?
Well it is the largest burrowing clam in the world, weighing in at anywhere from one to three pounds at maturity. The appearance of geoduck's large, protruding siphon has led to the belief that the geoduck has the properties of an aphrodisiac. The geoduck has a life expectancy of up to 150 years with the oldest recorded at 163 years.
For more on the geoduck visit
the geoduck Wikipedia page.

** Thanks to Amy Gallagher for first informing of the existence of the GEODUCK.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Geoduck Rules!

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cragee. This was the last level boss on "Super Plumber Monster Battle 2!" The geoduck was also the pet of the D.E.B.S.

     
  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger Shamus O'Drunkahan said…

    Geoduck will outlive us all.
    But we'll have more fun.

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love eating gooey ducks. My mother loves to make it with rice, tastes great! Though I do think you have to get used to the texture.

    Check out http://www.gooey-duck.com/ for info.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home