Complacent P

You would think I'd have something better to do my time. I don't.

Monday, May 16, 2005

Hello from hot and sweaty Thailand.

So I'm here. All the talk and now there is finally action.

I arrived friday in Bangkok and spent a few days there. what an adventure!! The heat and humidity and somewhat the city style reminds me of Manila. But I think Bangkok is a lot nicer and more easily accessible to the tourist.

Today is Monday and my cousin Joe and my friend Carol and I are now in Chiang Mai. We met up with our trek group in Bangkok on Saturday. Sunday night we then took the night train in and arrived with our trek group at 9am. Today is just seeing the sights in Chiang Mai like the Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep and checking out the silk textile factory nearby as well.

Tomorrow we leave with our 12 person trekking group. 2 New Zealanders, 4 Englishmen, 3 Aussies and us 3 Yanks. Seem like a fun bunch although one already got sick off the car and motorbike fumes as we drove to and from Dio Suthep.

The trek will be a big highlight of the whole trip but so far the muay thai fight, the infamous ping pong show and eating a bag of grasshoppers has been the most memorable to date. Oh I can't leave out the food. Great stuff. I love the different fruits...I can't get enough of it.

Ok....later peeps. More updates and pictures still to come at a later date

5 Comments:

  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    lucky bastard.

    Ooh...bring me back a ping pong ball!

    :)

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Blogger Gerald said…

    please please please bring me back a monkey!!! i really want one...he'll be my best friend forever! you'll be like second in command, though.

     
  • At 4:29 AM, Blogger pamcakes said…

    Dirty ping pong is on the way.

    And dead monkey is in my pack.

     
  • At 4:59 AM, Anonymous Danny W said…

    This is a greeat post thanks

     

Post a Comment

<< Home