Complacent P

You would think I'd have something better to do my time. I don't.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Glutton for Money



In the animal world, there are those that eat so much that they can double their weight within weeks, but its a necessary means for their survival. Not really for the pleasure or grandeur of it all.

I like to eat. I like to eat as much as the next guy. I mean I really really like to eat. But has anyone heard of
International Federation of Competitive Eating? There is a whole world out there were you compete to stuff yourself silly in order to gain accolades, money and maybe some food groupie booty. There is a competition almost every other week and its not for the faint of heart. These abdominal atheletes duke it out to see who can eat the most birthday cake, the most pizza, watermelon, vienna sausages...anything. (Sounds like fun to me but I think, like most people, I'd pass on the vienna sausages.)

The #1 ranked eater is Takeru Kobayashi. Age 27 and only 132 pounds. Not big by any means so put those fatty stereotypes where you found them. He's dominated the "sport" since 2003. And he recently won the 2005 Nathan's Famous Fourth of July International Hot Dog-Eating Contest by eating 49 hotdogs with buns in 12 minutes. blecch!

The #2 ranked eater is Sonya Thomas. Yup a woman! we know how to pack it in just like the dudes. Also known as "the Black Widow of Eating", Sonya is 37 and 105 pounds. Small but deadly. Her list of wins is pages long but I'm most impressed by her downing 8.31 pounds Armour Vienna Sausage in 10 minutes. (once again, I'd so pass on those little gelatinous things)


The U.S. Open of Competitive Eating will be televised on ESPN tonight 8pm.



** So does this mean bulimia is ok if you get paid?

4 Comments:

  • At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Supposedly, Sonya is a D.E.B.S in training.

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I was talking about this the other day with someone...if you are an asian female in a competitive "sport", are you automatically the "Black Widow" of that sport? Pam, you are the Black Widow of the Blogging World...

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger pamcakes said…

    I don't like that spreading much...but yes I am.

     
  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger my lollipops are sweeter said…

    bullimia is always ok. 2005 is the year of bullimia. throwing up is way hot!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home