Complacent P

You would think I'd have something better to do my time. I don't.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I love me "Rock en Espanol"

I want a Latin Lover and his name is Juanes. thanks to my friend Eric..I went to see Rock En Espanol king - Juanes, a shortening of his full name Juan Esteban Aristizabal on the Tonight Show today. This guy is Latin Rock KING!!! I have no idea what he says and his hair is typically longer than I'd like any guy's to be but yet I love him!!! Ask any spanish speaker and you will probably hear about their love of the Juanes. I was one of 4 untypical fans that came specifically to the Tonight Show just to see the taping of Juanes as the musical guest. 1st was a non spanish speaking mexican, 2nd was me - a pilipino girl whose spanish vocabulary only spans "my name is" and "feliz navidad" and our 3rd and 4th were 2 whiteys (male and female) born and raised in Los Angeles. (Now to to be fair one of them lived in Peru for over a year and actually knows spanish.)



After having to sit through Opie Howard's now actress daughter and Harrison Ford's disjointed and slow responses for almost 50 mintues, Juanes finally took the stage with "La Camisa Negra". Its the best song on his latest CD called "Mi Sangre". Out of my little group, 3 out of 4 actually wore camisa negras. Nerds? I don't deny it. Juanes was awesome in a fitted jacket, pin strip slacks and black chuck taylors. I could have sworn he looked at me and winked. (This is what I choose to believe. Maybe not..but don't ruin my fantasy).

Now I tivo'd his appearance tonight. The 4 of us untypicals are so on TV cheering on our latin man.

6 Comments:

  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    he DID wink at you...I saw it! It now has SAVE UNTIL I DELETE status on my Tivo.

     
  • At 1:16 AM, Blogger my lollipops are sweeter said…

    that's hot pam!! juanes is one sexy beast!!! but i can't love him because i already gave myself to some other latin singer dude (alejandro fernandez), so yeah. but juanes is hot! i will have to live vicariously through your relationship because latin dudes are PO-SESS-IVE....so for both our safety i'll contain myself!

     
  • At 5:10 PM, Blogger Cathy said…

    Juanes is definitely a hottie. He's super cool with his chucks...and he's little! Um, to Pam's friend, Alejandro Fernandez (who is little as well) is my neighbor. Rumor has it that he is gay. I've seen him around a few times and he really should reconsider his current personal stylist. He is far more handsome on screen than in person.

     
  • At 1:56 AM, Blogger my lollipops are sweeter said…

    shut up! i've loved Alejandro Fernandez for so long.....but i don't doubt what you are saying cathy!! that's so hot. i'm all about having "if i were a gay man" crushes these days anyways!! wow, if he is gay and it became public i would fear the wrath of Vicente (his dad, the Patron Saint of Hot Ranchero Music, seriously his music is so hot!)!! Pam, stick to Juanes.

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger pamcakes said…

    cathy, jasislut.

    you too are both too hot for words. I'm going to have to give alejandro a chance now even though he's a petite gay man. But my heart will always belong to Juanes.

    Although, 6 years ago...you could insert Ricky Martin into that sentence.

     
  • At 12:24 AM, Blogger my lollipops are sweeter said…

    EMBARASSING pamela! that's hot though. (ricky martin, hahahaha, ok it's still hot though)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home