Complacent P

You would think I'd have something better to do my time. I don't.

Friday, October 22, 2004

Dropped $60

I went to Michaels last night to pick up product for the Halloween Costume. One can just get so crazy in there. Its like the Vegas Strip but for arts and crafts people. You can find anything and everything if you wish to be craftsy. Over the last couple of weeks I've been doing a few sketches, making some notes and taking some advice as to how to make the Bachelor Bookcase. I had a rough idea in my head as to how to do it. But everything changed when I entered. The synapses in my brain were firing at rapid speed. Adrenalin overcame me and I went into overdrive. I did an initial walkabout the store to see what was around, what was offered, what I could use. I liken this to doing a walkabout in a bar or club. You do a quick looksy to see whose cute and where the good stuff is. Anywhoo...every idea that I originally had got tossed. So many things caught my eye and a new masterpiece was forming internally. On my second go around I had grabbed pieces of wood, foam core, flowers, glue, yarn and all without a cart. What the hell was I thinking?? I went back for a cart and started loading up some more. A good 1 1/2 hours were spent in Micheals.

At evening's end, to be honest I thought..okay..$30. This is 30 bucks. Nope tally ran close to $60. WTF?!

Okay..this better turn out awesome.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    There better be pictures of you in the costume on your blog. Blog? Wait a minute, that's what I'm gonna be for Halloween...a blog! I'll wear white and carry a pen and let people comment on things that I just wrote on my own shirt regarding my life. You know, things like, "Man this costume blows...what was I thinking!?!"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home