Complacent P

You would think I'd have something better to do my time. I don't.

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Huell Howser

I freakin' love Huell Howser. Have you ever watched his show? He's this older Tennessean that hosts various shows that focus on California. He's not your nerdy David Horowitz that fights back, he's not Fred Roggin with a bad tupee and he's not no George Papadakis(sp?) with the stupid homemade vests. One show that Huell hosts is a local Southern California show called "Visiting...with Huell Howser."

This program, which airs on KCET (Los Angeles), takes him to the neighborhoods of Los Angeles to meet and talk with the interesting and diverse peoples that make up the city's vast community. He's visited Pink's famous Hotdog stand on LaBrea, he's met the Gayton family which has made Chicharrones since the early 1900s, and he's even visited the Sons of Norway Lodge in Van Nuys, where he watched as members transform smelly, dried, leathery fish into a warm entree, called Lutefisk. Ok..maybe the shows that interest me more are the ones that deal with food. But what the hell? This is all in LA!!? I've lived in LA all my life and I had no idea that most of this stuff existed. Huell Rocks.


3 Comments:

  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Pam Pam Pam...what cave have you been hiding in? I was practically raised by Huell. My mom, sister and I have been fans for awhile...I think he still does 'California Gold' - all about California's little secrets. Speaking of visiting with the GAYton's...did you know he's Gay? Not that there's anything wrong with that...

     
  • At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello, who cares if he is gay.......... this is a coolllllll man.................

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger David Edward said…

    it is his speech pattern that makes me crazy.
    But good to have this place to confirm his orientation.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home