Complacent P

You would think I'd have something better to do my time. I don't.

Monday, November 15, 2004

Freakin' Screws!

So I've been thinking about getting a bicycle for ages. This would be my winter attempt at getting in shape before packing on the xmas pounds for the year 2004. I wanted something that I could take on trails with friends, use on the beach and even use to get to work. So after months of procrastination, I finally went to a suggested bike shop in Santa Monica and made the purchase of a Trek 3700 Mountain Bike, a helmet, switched out to a womens' seat and bought a bike light. This was all within my price range and I was super happy. I rode it a bit yesterday but had decided that today would be the grand christening. I would ride my green trek MTB to work. From my home to the Disney entrance in Burbank is exactly 7.4 miles. Completely doable. Since this would be my first run, I woke up extra early and prepped the bike, got the tunes on my ipod ready and packed a bunch of clothes for my arrival to work.

Only one mile into the ride...the worst thing happened. I ran over a screw!! I didn't know it at the time, but seconds later I no longer felt the smooth ride of the Trek 3700 but the thump thump thump of a flat tire. A FLAT TIRE!!!!! Wtf?! Seriously...I've only had the bike less than 48 hours and I get a flat tire. I was livid. Fortunately, I knew my dad would be home, so I called him to pick me and my stupid bike up. So now, a few hundred dollars down and unusable bike later....I'm thinking biking might not be for me.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger pamcakes said…

    I had a tiny feeling that something would go wrong today. I should have gone with my woman's intuition.

     
  • At 4:09 PM, Blogger Gorgeous Girl said…

    lol.

    hey I biked throughout Europe and never got a flat.

     
  • At 9:03 PM, Blogger pamcakes said…

    you are incredibly lucky then. I think I just have the worst of luck when it comes to this stuff. Bah!!! I'm still angry. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home