Complacent P

You would think I'd have something better to do my time. I don't.

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

My Halloween with Rilo Kiley

dang. dang dang. Rilo Kiley at the Mayan!!! The show was amazing to me. It was a little cold and I think I am now sick but that is my only complaint. My friend Jen and her sisters Mary and little 13 year old Laura came with. Jen and I sat first row in the mezzanine. Mary and her friends I don't know where and Laura found a friend of hers. She was front row down at the floor. Blake Sennett and Jenny Lewis were dressed as Power Rangers. Him red her pink. Pierre as Einstein and Jason as a frenchmen? Their set list this time was way better than their trial run at "the Echo" 6 weeks ago. This was an incredibly festive concert. A lot more upbeat. For an encore, they played a duet on a rattygrand piano on the side of the Mayan. So very cool.
(thanks to Ambitious-Outsiders.com)

Because of all Hallow's Eve, many of the concert goers wore costumes and of course I wore mine. I was stopped by a couple of Rilo Kiley's worker peeps. They gave me a signed poster of them(which I will get framed). And I got a pass to the after party where I would be able to meet them. Whoo Hoo! I got jen a pass but because Little Laura is little she couldn't go. Too bad. I got my gusto up and rolled solo to the party. I first talked to Jenny. It so happened I was a being a wallflower just watching from afar. She bumped into me while attempting to walk to the otherside of the party. She was amazed at my costume and the effort to put it together. She had no words and initially I had no words. I was a blathering idiot. Amazingly, she loved my costume. I was stoked that she loved it. We made a little chit chat..vacation plans, the kimmel appearance, the show and that was it. I had an acquaintance at the party (my co-winners from a pumpkin carving contest I was at, weird) and he came up to me and Jenny Lewis while we were bonding over my costume. He's like ,"Pam Ididn't know you were friends with Jenny!" and I was like "huh?" I got a little flustered and then I blubbered back, "Oh no! we're not friends I'm just a huge huge FAN!" Gosh I'm a lame idiot. Anyway..Shortly after that awesome encounter I spoke to Blake. I love Blake. He had no clue what the bachelor was but was strangely intrigued at the obscurity of my costume. At that point I was fully satisfied and that ended my night! And I loved every minute of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home