Complacent P

You would think I'd have something better to do my time. I don't.

Sunday, October 24, 2004

19 out of 22

I wonder when the whole Poker fad is going to die off. Everyone and their mother is into poker right now. It seems to be saturating the airwaves with Celebrity Poker, World Poker Tournament, World Series of Poker and even a special Poker Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. But I have to admit for now I am a Poker Lemming and I like it.
Friday night's Poker Tourney in Whittier did not prove to be fruitful for me. I thought I studied enough by playing some Party Poker and watching some WPT, but I totally did not. The tourney consisted of 22 people and 4 tables with 5 to 6 players at each table. With a buy-in of $5, I didn't feel too guilty about playing, but I got out sooooo early. There were some serious gamblers with alot of talk and no action and a few with no talk and all the action. Even though I didn't play for long it was awesome to see the people that had never played before make it to the final table. Sometimes they are the best players and come out on top because they have no idea what they are getting into or even if they have a great hand or not. There is no rhyme or reason to their play, no strategy and therefore you can't get a good read on them. As for my play, basically, I didn't get any good cards and I played some really bad hands. Fortunately, there was some booze and food to ease the pain of an early loss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home