Complacent P

You would think I'd have something better to do my time. I don't.

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Beck as Señor Guero


Thanks to eWa I was informed of a "super secret show" that Beck would be performing at 1650 in Hollywood this saturday.

The tickets went on sale the day of at 6pm. So myself and co. arrived at 1650 at 5pm to lineup. The line had already formed as I pulled up. After 1 hour of waiting, we were able to buy tickets. A max of 4 a person. It was $10 low cost purchase for my lonesome. The doors were supposed to open at 8 so we walked many many blocks to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles for dinner. Yum! I just had a #18 "thigh and waffle", biscuit, gravy and some mac and cheese. Now I know this isn't really what I should be eating but I haven't had Roscoe's in awhile and it was too delicious to pass up. I'm going to have to no carb it for a couple of days to recover. During my meal my vision started going and I knew that I was in danger of falling into deep food coma. I couldn't let this happen so I had coffee. Didn't really help after all was said and done.

Oh another tid bit..my friend eWa lost his ticket. And yes he was the one that informed me of the show. He could not get in, left and wallowed in a batch of cookie dough at home.

So onto show details. 1650 was a pretty cool venue. It wasn't crazy tiny but still big enough not to feel claustrophobic. The opener was Har Mar Superstar. If you don't know who this guy is, well he's awesomely funny and funnily awesome. He raps. He's soulful and he has the funk. That being said, he looks like a cross between Ron Jeremy and Jack Black. So I couldn't really believe that a pretty decent voice was coming out of this half naked balding man. He kept saying that it was his 26th birthday but I just don't believe it.

Shortly after, BECK came out in all his glory. He may be a little man but he's a sexy beast beard and all. The set he played was mostly alot of new stuff that I had never heard before. And I'm please to say it sounded alot like Beck Odelay. Funkay. It was very danceable and I was boppin' around. When the show ended, I was disappointed because I could of listened to him for another hour or two. There was a bit of an encore performance to another danceable ditty. This time Har Mar Superstar and another tall chubby but cute man came out as backup. Backup dancers that is. It was a nice ending to it all. I was very pleasantly satisfied with my saturday night.


Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Sounds like it was a lot of fun...too bad you couldn't get any COOKIE DOUGH!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home