Complacent P

You would think I'd have something better to do my time. I don't.

Sunday, January 09, 2005

I'm ripe for the picking.

I've finally seen Sideways. Its a great movie that I totally recommend for all, but seriously its an even greater ad for the wineries up in Santa Inez California. I left that theater ready to make reservations up there at the Windmill Inn and taste wine all weekend long. I wanna drink a Pinot Noir right now and I want to know exactly what I'm smelling and tasting as I drink it. I want to run through a grape vineyard with the wind in my hair while dirt kicks up into the air. WTF? The same thing happened to me when I saw Super Size Me. As I was watching the documentary, I had a desire to run to McDonalds and order me up a large fries. This is definitely not the reaction they were probably going for but hell it was like an automatic Pavlovian reaction to just seeing the fries on screen. The brainwash is now complete.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    My sister spent Thanksgiving up in Napa with her friends and her pictures are beautiful. I'd love to go...Jen can drive.

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger pamcakes said…

    As long as someone is willing to drive...I'm down.

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger thephoenixnyc said…

    Interesting that you mention the Pinot Noir. There was an article in the paper last week about how Pinot Noir sales are up all over the place due to the movie.

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger pamcakes said…

    Really?! In Pahrump? Who knew. Might have to make a little pit stop my next trip to Vegas.

     
  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger pamcakes said…

    As with the increase of Pinot Noir, I'm going to have predict that there will be a lull in Merlot purchases as well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home