Complacent P

You would think I'd have something better to do my time. I don't.

Sunday, December 26, 2004

another Christmas come and gone.

So I stuffed my face again this holiday season hardcore. The fam really over did it with the food. I just can't help it. There is just so much food and I think somewhere deep inside I feel like I have to try it all because I may never get the chance to again. Lame, I know. Stupid, I know. But its all oh so good. I believe at last count there were 16 different entrees on the dining room table and thats not even counting dessert.

The fun all started when my huge extended family got together at my grandma's house around 2pm Christmas Day. After a round of familial gluttony and then another round, it was all about the liquor. Now they all don't drink that much, so I was pretty surprised when Aunt #1 busted out shots of some fruit liquor for all to have. The karaoke machine then got busted out and it was the beginning of the end. I knew Aunt #2 was lit like a tree when she sang her song giggling between words while her iPod was affixed to her ears. Aunt #2 was done when I noticed she was doing interpretive ballet to She Bangs and every song there after. Aunt #3 joined her soon after. After a few too many hours doing the singing thing, my family turned their attention to a bit of dancing. It got pretty crazy. I'm not sure if its genetic because everyone seemed to have a dance moved very similiar to a flapping chicken wing. Can anyone of my friends tell me if I dance that way? It would be nice to know. I'd have to say the final kicker was when about 90% of the family was being led in dance by my flamingly gay teen cousin to a song called Spaghetti as they all gyrated up and down in the living room. The whole night was alot of laughing, making fun of each other, and just loving each other's company. I think the meaning of "reserved" just flies out the window when we are together. I love my family and I love that we can just let it all hang out. And they let it all HANG OUT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home