Complacent P

You would think I'd have something better to do my time. I don't.

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Where do you fall on the Christmas List?

I kept telling myself that I would do all my Christmas Shopping before December. Did I do any? Not. The mall is a freakin' nightmare in december and the closer we get to the 25th the worse it gets. I know I'm not telling any of you anything that you don't know already, but schit, I'm screwed. But its good to go into the mall battlefield prepared. You should have a christmas list on hand. I have a sort of finished christmas list with all the people I need to buy gifts for. And looking at the list it seems a bit too long. Well longer than I'd like it to be. The people on my list are not the easiest people to shop for either. In general the people that you have in your list fall into certain categories. First and best part of the list are the people that actually mean something to you, so you want to get them something that is well thought out because you care. Its these gifts that will take more time and energy to purchase. Then you have the people that you know are going to give you gifts but ordinarily you would never give them a gift in a return. You now have to have a gift ready to give them or else you look like an unreciprocal punk. Next you have the people on the list that I like to call the sorry receivers. They get very generic gifts like frames, mugs or even paper weights. By and large, co-workers get these. By receiving a gift like this it is blatantly obvious that you don't really like this person and they mean nothing to you. And lastly you have the"just in cases". Usually these people get regifts. I usually wrap a couple of things from last years Christmas and have them on standby. There are usually one or two people out there that are nice enough to give you something and you have nothing in return to give them. This is where the regifts come in handy.

So...I hope you all fall in the good part of the list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home