Complacent P

You would think I'd have something better to do my time. I don't.

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

no more oldies...

After a long couple month stint of listening to the Carpenters, Bread, Todd Rungren, Leo Sayer and other such famously 70s poppy balladeers(I was in that mood, no explanation necessary)...I'm finally back into the modern day music fold.

So happily I say that I am finally going to a show this thursday at the Silverlake Lounge to check out Midnight Movies. I've liked what I've heard so far...so lets hope for a good show. Its only $11. I've never been to the Silverlake Lounge but from what I've heard its teeny, its divey, smaller than the Echo or Spaceland. I think Ill like it.

MIDNIGHT MOVIES"Spacey, sexy, nihilistically psychedelic, this is an art-rock band at arrogant ease at both ends of the hyphenate. MM's not so much gloomy or gothic as self-consciously providing LA with a score worthy of the big horror movie we're all living through. The discovery of the year and goddamned near the best thing ever to arrive in my pouch." (Mean Street)

4 Comments:

  • At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I remember listening to them on NPR one afternoon. They sound really good.
    Tony

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger pamcakes said…

    You tryin' to one up me Mora?! First Dj Riko..now this?

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger pamcakes said…

    You know I'm kiddin'.

     
  • At 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm not trying Pam, that's how I do. Snaps.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home