Complacent P

You would think I'd have something better to do my time. I don't.

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Gotta go in this.


So my friend G.House put this picture up on his blog. I find it troubling that there is no toilet paper in close vicinity, but I digress. Its of a toilet in China where he now resides for the time being. To quote him "Traditional Chinese toilets here are like holes in the floor. Not necessarily rugged, I've been to some decent places with them. Porcelain and all that. But it's just not raised above the floor. So... you gotta do what you gotta do. Build up the quadraceps and that shin muscle and I suppose it becomes natural."

I have to say it does come pretty naturally. I've partook of such a toilet in the past, but not in China. I think I was probably in the Philippines. At first its a little disconcerting just because when you squat your not quite sure where you are actually gonna hit. Plus, there's the gusts of air that seem to come out of nowhere. I don't really want to think about where they come from. But once you get into the swing of things, it makes the public restroom experience much more enjoyable. Plus...being a woman there is no longer the hassle of prepping the toilet. Unless you are a hoverer, women typically smother the toilet seat in toilet paper and seat covers. You just don't want to touch anything you don't have to. Wasteful yes, but almost hygenic--very much so.Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

  • At 1:11 AM, Blogger Victoria said…

    I've heard that this is the most natural way to.. well
    You know. But I've never before seen a graphic of this kind of toilet..

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger pamcakes said…

    Puts everything in perspective doesn't it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home