Complacent P

You would think I'd have something better to do my time. I don't.

Friday, January 07, 2005

peru vs northern thailand

or maybe china.

seriously..I just don't know anymore. Still don't know where I'm going. For months, I was all on board for a trip to peru to hike the Inca Trail and finally see Machu Picchu. But now...my mind is reeling. I finally found out that my last day at work is officially May 13th. This allowed me to seriously look up trip dates and air prices. Although Peru is very doable, Thailand just seems to be cheaper. (Northern Thailand mind you...I know Southern Thailand is in no shape to even consider going to.) At the beginning of this evening and for awhile, I have been so anti going to Thailand. Its just been too popular a destination for tourist folk. I wanted something off the beaten track. But after talking for 4 hours to my cousin and my friend, who are possibly taking the trip with me, its seems like it could be the most fun. Another consideration that was brought up was China. I have a few friends living in Beijing, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. Them and the Great Wall would be the major draws to go there. Final decision is supposed to be made Tuesday night. The good thing is the 3 of us are finally meeting and hammering this schit out. The bad thing is we all have so many different places we want to go. I think Tuesday will be a nightmare.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:38 AM, Blogger Cathy said…

    Pam, I'm sorry that we didn't get to hang out this holiday season. Hope you're feeling better. Happy new year!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home