Complacent P

You would think I'd have something better to do my time. I don't.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Midnight Ridazz - i heart my bike

Last night was the Midnight Ridazz 2 year anni. It had been a few months since my last ride so what better time to come back to it then for this occasion. I was warned that the ride would be a bit longer than usual with a hill up to Dodger's Stadium. (It wasnt just a hill, there were many hills.) In my estimation there were about 600-700 peeps on this ride out. The 20 something mile ride started in the regular starting point at the Pioneer Chicken in Echo Park and went as far as the Glendale Galleria parking garage where everyone screamed like mad people all the way through. The popo in Glendale didn't much appreciate us blocking traffic and taking up lots of street in their city. "The man" even sicked the ghetto birds on us. You would have thought were on the lamb from the law or something. We eventually made it back to Echo Park (unfortunately, paramedics came to help a fallen rider who was hit by a car) and continued on to Dodger Stadium through to Elysian Park. I have to admit that I had to get off my bike 2xs to walk up the hills. At this point my legs were like jello. The end of the ride ended for me at a point overlooking the city at the Peter Shire sculpture. I had to once again walk my bike up this unlit dirt path. The finale was a little anti-climactic for the fog pretty much ruined any kind of cool view.

All in all I reached the end around 12:30am. I think i failed to mention that I rolled this ride solo. But although alone, biking amongst the community of riders, i never once felt lonely. Its something everyone should try once in LA.

***Much love to Joel and Eddie who putted around on a vespa taking footage of the whole thing!!!! I got to catch up with them before and after the ride.****

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home